Smoked Beef with Fiery Chilli and Green Starfruit
Click here for Bahasa Malaysia
7 bird’s-eye chillies
3 large onions
6 cloves garlic
3 stalks lemongrass
1⁄2 green starfruit (deseeded)
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups water
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup coconut cream
250g beef tenderloin
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
[/ingredients] Directions [directions]
- Marinate the meat with turmeric powder and salt for 1 hour.
- Heat a wok and place the coconut husk into it, then place a gridiron on top.
- Smoke the meat on the gridiron until even without using any oil; the coconut husk will emit a lot of smoke, so endure your kitchen is well ventilated.
- Once ready, slice the meat into 4cm wide slices.
For the gravy
- Cut the onions, chillies, garlic, lemongrass, turmeric and ginger and pound until smooth using a mortar and pestle. Cut the starfruit into 5 pieces.
- Heat the water in a pot, then pour in the pounded ingredients along with the turmeric powder.
- Wait until it starts to bubble, then add the starfruit pieces.
- Add in the sliced meat and both the coconut milk and cream and turn down the heat to medium. Add salt to taste.
- Once cooked, serve with hot rice.
Adabi Kari Ikan 250g,Daging Kambing Kiub / Mutton Cubes 500g